Deuteronomy 31.6 (NCB) | Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified of them, for the LORD, your God, is going forth with you. He will never leave you or abandon you.
- Used as a means of control.
- We tend to trust what we hear in times of crisis.
Two main myths:
- You should be very afraid because you are powerless.
- All the strength you need is within.
- Stoked in relationships.
- God – the great equalizer – is on your side!
God does not want you fearful, He wants you FREE!
How to Help You Find Supernatural Courage
- Identify your fears – what leaves you paralyzed?
- Identify your values – what will you fight for?
- Expect conflict – Note: the enemy will use your values against you.
- The good you do everyday matters – major and minor alike.
- Take the next best step – always do the right thing, and if you goof, make it right.
1 John 4:18 (NCB) | In love there is no fear; indeed, perfect love casts out fear, because fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not yet achieved perfection in love.
- How does fear control you?
- What relationships help you feel courageous?
- What step needs more focus?