NE7ER 1 // God Will Never Let You Down
Follow Along Notes
What is Lent?
- Time to prepare for Easter
- A time of praying, fasting, and giving
1 Corinthians 10:13 (MSG) | No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.
Words of Warning
- Don’t take God’s grace for granted
- We all face temptation
– James 1:13 (NLT) | And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else.
You can overcome temptation with God’s help.
- First, God knows temptation is real.
– Hebrews 4:15 (NIV) | For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
- Second, God is not waiting for you to fail; He wants to help.
– Romans 8:39 (ESV) | (Nothing) will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Third, God will always help you out of temptation.
– 2 Peter 2:9a (MSG) | God knows how to rescue the godly from evil trials.
- What sin(s) are you struggling with right now?
- Are you guilty of taking God’s grace for granted?
- What “stopper” can you use?