All Saints Day: We remember those who finished their Jesus journey and are with God in heaven.
Remembering our Saints
Revelation 14:12-13, MSG | “Meanwhile, the saints stand passionately patient, keeping God’s commands, staying faithful to Jesus. I heard a voice out of Heaven, ‘Write this: Blessed are those who die in the Master from now on; how blessed to die that way!’ ‘Yes,’ says the Spirit, ‘and blessed rest from their hard, hard work. None of what they’ve done is wasted; God blesses them for it all in the end.’”
Remain passionately patient > stay in love with God.
Keep God’s Commands > Love all and share how you’ve experienced God at work.
Find the Blessings > death is just a transition from this life to the next.
Experience Rest > God invites us into a life of rest.
Nothing you do for God is wasted > God keeps track and will bless you accordingly.
|Ultimately, this is about keeping people one with Christ despite all the forces trying to divide.
- Why is it important for us to celebrate All Saints Day?
- When you think about being passionately patient, what comes to mind? How can you lean into this when patience seems to be in such short supply?
- What can you do to keep God’s command to love? Who might need that on a day like today?
- What blessings are you able to find when you know someone has transitioned to be with God? How does this keep you going while you might be looking for answers?
- What does it mean for God to invite you into a time of rest?